Monday, August 25, 2008

(Formally) Our Favorite Brownies

Stop right here. I have a better recipe than this one. It is newly discovered and posted under February, 2009. I am leaving this post here in case you have become attached to it, but really the new recipe is better.

I am posting this recipe because a friend requested it. I have to come clean though - these brownies lost (by one vote) to the Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie mix. I baked a tray of each and sent them to work with Scott. By noon the Ghirardelli brownies had earned one more vote than mine. In my defense though, my brownies disappeared first. The contest isn't over yet. Stay tuned for more brownie recipes.


Melt and set aside:
12 oz. semisweet chocolate, broken up
1 ½ cups sugar
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons

Whisk together:
1 cup flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt

Beat until foamy:
4 large eggs, room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla

Spray 9 x 13" pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat cooled chocolate mixture into eggs. Sprinkle small amount of flour mixture in chocolate mixture and fold. Repeat. Add remaining flour. Fold in until no flour appears. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake in center of oven 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center is barely moist. Remove from oven and cool completely.

1 comment:

  1. Keep this up! I am so excited to see what's for dinner. In one month, I will be cooking again. No appetite for Kevin and one fry pan in the hotel, leads to a low-key menu.

    Barbie

    ReplyDelete